- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 mangoes
- ½ medium red onion
- ½ cup roughly chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- store-bought pappadums (Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s) or tortilla chips
- Cut the red pepper in half, core and remove stem and seeds. With a knife, remove the white interior membranes, then finely dice the pepper (to yield about ¾ cup). Place in a large bowl. Repeat with the jalapeño.
- Peel the mangoes, then slice fruit from the pit. Finely dice the fruit and add to the bowl (about 1¾ cup). Finely dice the onion (about ½ cup) and add to the bowl with the cilantro, lime juice, salt and sugar.
- With a large spoon gently toss the ingredients together, being careful not to bruise the fruit. Taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary with more salt or lime juice.
- Serve with pappadums or tortilla chips.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes