- butter or spray oil for greasing
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 2 scant cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups pawpaw pulp*
*An equal amount of mashed ripe bananas can be used in place of pawpaws
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a bundt pan or 2 standard-sized load pans (8 x 11) or 5 mini loaf pans. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla. Add the pawpaw pulp, and beat to combine. Add the dry ingredients and mix only until the flour is incorporated — don’t overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and place in the oven. (If using mini pans, place them on a sheet pan first.) Bake for 40 to 45 minutes for mini pans or 45 to 60 minutes for the bundt and larger loaf pans. Cake should be brown and should start to leave the sides of the pan.
- Let cool on rack for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Category: Quick Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pawpaw, quick, bread, baking, fall