I’ve been having some computer trouble these past fews days, but I wanted to post my fifth and final muffin finding. I spotted these tri-berry muffins not too long ago on RecipeGirl’s blog. A Barefoot Contessa Recipe, these muffins are moist, sweet, and a yummy yummy treat! I used all frozen berries and they came out beautifully.
Yield 12 muffins
Adapted from The Barefoot Contessa via RecipeGirl
- 1½ C. all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¾ C. granulated sugar
- ¾ C. milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 C. mixed berries, fresh or frozen. A mixture of frozen blueberries and raspberries works well. If using strawberries, fresh is better than frozen. Be sure to dice.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place liners in muffin tin.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar together in a large bowl. Stir with a whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, combine the milk, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and stir until just combined. There might be some lumps but don’t overmix the batter. Fold in the blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.
- Spoon batter into the muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean and the tops are nicely browned.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @alexandracooks on Instagram and hashtag it #alexandracooks.