(Note: Click here for the recipe written to serve 8-10 people)
- 2 ears corn, kernels scraped from cob
- cilantro or basil to taste
- 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- pinch kosher salt
- 2/3 cup 1%, 2% or whole milk
- 2 small or one large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF with rack in the middle. Butter a small shallow baking dish (such as the one pictured above) or individual crème brulee dishes or ramekins.
- Pulse half of the corn in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the herbs, flour, sugar, salt and remaining corn. Whisk together milk and eggs and add to bowl with the corn. Stir until just combined. Pour into baking dish or ladle into individual dishes.
- Bake until the center is just set. About 30-35 minutes. (Maybe longer — I kind of lost track of time.) Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes