Adapted from Gourmet
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 1 quart (4 cups) fresh-squeezed (or not) grapefruit juice
- 1 cup soju (sometimes called sochu), sake or vodka, chilled
- Club soda or seltzer water chilled
- Stir the sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt into the juice and stir to dissolve. Stir in soju and add sugar to taste.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses and top with a splash of club soda.
Gourmet’s note: Grapefruit mixture without soju can be made four hours ahead and chilled. Add soju to mixture just before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes