Loaf Pans: I love this Chicago Metallic 8.5 x 4.5 – inch loaf pan for this recipe. You need two pans for this recipe.
- 2 cups (424 g) sugar
- 1 cup (215 g) canola oil or other neutral oil
- 4 eggs
- 16 ounces (454 g) canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 3/4 cup (177 g) water
- 3 cups (384 g) flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (or less)
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 2 standard (8.5 x 4.5-inch) loaf pans (or 4 to 5 mini loaf pans depending on what size you are using — don’t fill pans higher than 2/3 full) with butter or non-stick spray.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat sugar and oil together until blended. Add eggs one at a time mixing after each addition. Add pumpkin purée and water and mix until blended.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and allspice. Add to the mixer and mix only until just incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for about an hour (if using standard loaf pans) but start checking for doneness after 45 minutes — the loaves are done when center springs back when touched. Note: When using the small pans, the loaves should be done in under 45 minutes. Start checking after 30 minutes.
- Category: Quick Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin, bread, fall, baking, gifts