- Butter for greasing pan
- 3 cups (384 grams) flour, plus more for dusting pan
- 1 1/2 cups (317 grams) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (400 grams) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups peeled, cored and thickly sliced apples, such as Honeycrisp or Granny Smith*
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (I omit)
- 1 cup raisins (I omit)
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving, optional
*I’ve used a mix of Fuji, York, and Cameo with success — use whatever you have on hand or whatever variety you prefer to bake with
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter and flour a 9-inch tube pan. Beat the oil and sugar together in a mixer (fitted with a paddle attachment) while assembling the remaining ingredients. After about 5 minutes, add the eggs and beat until the mixture is creamy.
- Sift together 3 cups of flour, the salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Stir into the batter. Add the vanilla, apples, walnuts (if using) and raisins (if using) and stir until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan before turning out. Serve at room temperature with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hours 15 minutes
- Category: Cake
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Teddie's, apple, cake, fall, baking, brunch, dessert