Easy, Festive (and Boozy!) Rum Balls Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy, festive, boozy rum balls — what’s not to love?
The virtues of rum balls include:
- short prep time: the batter takes all of about 5 minutes to whip up
- no-bake, which means short total time: start to finish these will take about 30 minutes to complete
- high-yield: this recipe will make at least 40
- taste: they are delicious, boozy bites of goodness
- easy: can’t have too many easy recipes around the holidays
- festive: perfect for holiday entertaining
- pretty: a perfect gift
- they can be made ahead: score!
I can’t think of a more perfect treat to have on hand for the holiday season.
Feeding rum balls to small children is probably not advisable. Ella, however, was never happier:
- 3+ cups vanilla wafers (I use a whole box (12 oz))
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar (plus more for rolling)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1/3 to 2/3 cup rum
- Place vanilla wafers in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. There might be a few large pieces that don’t catch the blade at this step, but they’ll eventually end up getting pulverized, so don’t worry. (Alternatively, place vanilla wafers into a Ziploc bag and bash them with a rolling pin until they are fine pieces).
- Add confectioners’ sugar, cocoa and corn syrup and pulse till combined. Add the 1/3 cup rum and pulse to combine. If necessary, slowly add more rum to the food processor until the mixture comes together and you are able to form small little balls using a teaspoon.
- Using a teaspoon (I use a measuring spoon teaspoon), scoop out balls from the processor, roll them gently with your hands into irregular shaped balls, and drop them into a plate (or shallow tupperware) filled with a thin layer of powdered sugar. Shake the vessel to coat the balls, then transfer balls to storage container until you are ready to serve them. Store in the fridge. Bring to room temperature briefly before serving.
- Category: Cookie
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: rum, balls, holiday, baking, cookies, dessert, Christmas