Source: Michael Chiarello
- 1/2 pound Parmesan, not too dry
- 1/2 pound Asiago cheese, not too dry
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I used 2, but start with 1)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Remove any rind from the cheeses and chop the cheeses into rough 1-inch chunks. Pulse the cheeses and garlic in a food processor until reduced to a fine, pea-sized gravel. Transfer this mixture to a bowl and stir in the scallions.
- Add the oregano, rubbing it between your fingers over the bowl, red pepper flakes, 1 cup of the olive oil and black pepper. Stir. If mixture seems dry, add more olive oil by the 1/4 cup. Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 4 hours before using.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Italian, American
Keywords: Salsa di Parmigiano