Adapted from: The Garden of Eden
- 8 cups watermelon, cubed and puréed (approximately 6 cups after blending)
- 4 cups sparkling water or tap water (I use sparkling)
- 1 to 2 limes
- sugar to taste, depending on the sweetness of the watermelon
- mint sprigs for serving
- In a food processor or blender, whizz the watermelon to a purée. It’s best to do this in two batches. Strain mixture into a large pitcher. Add water and stir. Juice one lime into the pitcher and stir to mix. Taste. Add the additional lime if desired. (I always add the juice of two limes.) Taste. Add sugar by the tablespoon if necessary. Chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, place mint sprigs and ice (optional) in serving glasses. Pour in agua fresca. Enjoy!
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: agua fresca, watermelon, summer, drinks