Adapted from Smashed Peas and Carrots
Note: This recipe is meant to be adapted to your preferences and likes. This is just what I did/had on hand.
- 1 cup oatmeal (I used quick oats)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used cashew butter)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup coconut flakes (I used unsweetened shredded)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed (I used whole chia seeds…too lazy to grind them)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated. I added some salt, too — maybe a half (whole?) teaspoon of sea salt. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated (or not) for up to 1 week.