If you feel like making substitutions and bulking this up with dried fruit and puffed cereal, view the original recipe.
I highly recommend making a double batch. See recipe below for double-batch proportions and timing.
Parchment paper sheets — can’t say enough about them. Save them and use them again and again — I fold mine up and stick them in a ziplock bag.
- 1/2 cup (102g) whole millet
- 2 cups (204g) oats (not instant)
- 3/4 cup (48g) unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/4 cups (128g) sliced almonds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (melted), grapeseed oil or canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF.
- In a large, toss together the millet, oats, coconut flakes, almonds and salt. Pour in the maple syrup and coconut oil. Stir to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the oat mixture out on it. Place it in the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the edges look slightly dark— keep an eye on it as every oven is different. Note: As soon as you start smelling it, start checking it. This may take you 30 minutes; it may take you 45 minutes depending on your oven and baking pan. Do not stir.
- Let the mixture cool completely on sheet pan. When ready to store, lift up edges of parchment to loosen the granola — this will create nice big shards. Transfer shards to storage container. Pour in remaining granola — it will inevitably break into smaller pieces.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: granola, oats, millet, coconut, coconut oil, maple syrup, sea salt