I have used this quick-pickle method for carrots, watermelon radishes, and now kohlrabi — so good!
- 1 bulb kohlrabi, greens removed, bulb peeled
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ teaspoon peppercorns, lightly crushed
- Slice your kohlrabi into ½-inch thick slices, then stack, and cut into ½-inch thick batons. Place them in a clean canning jar.
- In a non-reactive saucepan, bring the water, vinegar, salt, and sugar to a boil, and simmer for one minute or until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Remove from heat and add the garlic and peppercorns.
- Pour the hot liquid including the garlic and peppercorns over the kohlrabi. Let cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes