Made with cocoa powder, not melted chocolate, you’ll never go back to any other recipe once you try this chewy, deliciously fudgy brownie recipe! And they come together in just 10 minutes.
Made with cocoa powder alone — no melted chocolate — these rich, fudgy brownies are delicious freshly baked, but get better by the day, becoming richer and fudgier as they sit. I’ve beeen making this recipe for over a decade now for various occasions and most recently for birthdays, stacked and studded with candles or a few sparklers when I have them.
If you’ve been reading for awhile, you’ve seen this recipe before. I’m reposting the recipe because, like my favorite soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies, I fear these have gotten lost in other posts, and they are too good to be forgotten. The recipe comes from Fine Cookie Magazine.
PS: All the Chocolate recipes Right Here → Chocolate.
Source: Fine Cooking
- 8 oz. (1 cup) unsalted butter; plus more for the pan
- 15¼ oz. (2 cups) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2½ oz | 72 g (¾ cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 oz | 84 g (2/3 cup) unbleached all-purpose flour; plus more for the pan
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. table salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and position rack in the center of the oven. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan or line with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the sugar and whisk until well combined. Add the beaten eggs and vanilla and whisk until well blended. In a large separate bowl whisk together the cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt. Transfer butter mixture to bowl with flour and stir with spatula or wooden spoon until batter is smooth.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for approximately 37-40 minutes. Insert a pairing knife or steak knife straight into center. If it comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs, the brownies are done.
- Let cool completely in pan on rack. Brownies can be made two to three days in advance.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brownie, chocolate, rich, fudgy, cocoa, powder, dessert, birthdays