For the coconut rice: 1 cup jasmine rice (rinsed), 3/4 cup coconut milk, 1/4 cup water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer, cover, turn to low, cook 15 minutes, let stand 10 minutes before fluffing with a fork and serving.
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil (or other neutral oil)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 16 ounces firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 8 ounces Tuscan (lacinato) kale
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Coconut rice for serving, see notes above
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. In a large bowl, whisk together the grapeseed and sesame oil, soy sauce, and Sriracha. Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes, and place them in the bowl. Gently toss the cubes to coat them in the dressing. Let sit until oven finishes preheating.
- Lightly oil a rimmed sheetpan with about a teaspoon of neutral oil. Arrange cubes of tofu on sheetpan, leaving excess dressing in bowl. Bake for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil into the reserved dressing. Coarsely chop the kale, discarding the tough ends. Add the kale to the bowl of dressing along with the coconut and toss to coat.
- Remove the sheetpan of tofu from the oven. Gently, push the cubes with a spatula to loosen. Nestle the kale and coconut around the tofu cubes. Return pan to the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the kale has wilted considerably and is beginning to crisp and the coconut is golden brown. Remove pan from oven. Use a spatula to gently toss everything together. Serve over rice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tofu, kale, coconut, sheet pan, vegetarian, vegan