You will need a Bundt pan (or something similar) if you feel like making an ice ring.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (6 to 8 lemons), strained
- 1 (750-ml) bottle Jamaican amber rum
- 12 oz Cognac (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 oz (1/4 cup) peach brandy* or 1/4 cup Cognac, which is how I always make it now
- Garnish: lemon slices
*If you can’t find peach brandy, don’t substitute peach schnapps, which I have done before — it’s surprisingly overpowering. Just use 1/4 cup more Cognac. It’s delicious made this way.
- To make ice block, fill bundt pan with water and freeze until solid, about 8 hours.
- Stir together sugar and 3 1/2 cups water in a large bowl or pot until sugar is dissolved. Add lemon juice, rum, Cognac, and brandy and chill, covered, at least 3 hours.
- Put ice block in a punch bowl. Top with lemon slices. Pour punch over top.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Philadelphia, Fish, House, Punch, lemon, brandy, cognac, Thanksgiving.