Recipe for the anchovy butter adapted from The New Greenmarket Cookbook .
for the anchovy butter:
- 1 stick softened butter
- 6 finely minced anchovies
- 1 minced scallion
- 1 tablespoon minced dill or basil and parsley (whatever you have on hand)
- 1 minced garlic clove
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon
for the tartines:
- good bread, sliced and toasted
- thinly sliced radishes or turnips
- nice sea salt, such as Maldon
- Make the butter: Mix everything together. Taste. Adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Assemble the tartines: Spread bread with anchovy butter. Top with thinly sliced radishes or turnips. Season with salt.