ButcherBox: Humanely Raised Meat Delivered to Your Door
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
**This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.**
What is ButcherBox?
- High quality meat delivered to your door, once every month or two months.
- What does high quality mean? Humanely raised, antibiotic- and hormone-free meat never taken from feedlots. This means: 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, heritage breed pork.
- What kind of cuts? Anything from boneless skinless chicken breasts to St. Louis-style ribs.
Why Grass-Fed Beef?
You can read more about grass-fed beef here, but in short, grass-fed beef is better for…
- … cows, which are ruminants, meaning they are meant to eat grass. When cows live in cramped quarters on feedlots on unfamiliar grain diets, they receive hormones, supplements and antibiotics to promote growth and protect against disease — things never needed when cows feed on grass.
- … the environment. When manure is not spread across the land by grazing cattle, but instead dumped in large quantities, the soil becomes overloaded with nitrates, which in turn run off and pollute nearby waters.
- … nutrition. Grass-fed beef not only is lower in total and saturated fat than grain-fed beef, but it also contains 75 percent more omega-3 fatty acids, 78 percent more beta-carotene, 300 percent more vitamin E, 400 percent more vitamin A and 500 percent more conjugated linoleic acids (CLA).
- … flavor. Grass-fed beef is just darn delicious.
A Few Recipes Ideas:
This is how a ButcherBox box arrives (though there will be dry ice in it, too):
This is how the meat arrives: frozen in individual portions. There are many many options of cuts available, from boneless skinless chicken breasts to St. Louis-style ribs.