This is a 3-ingredient dessert (pudding!) my British father’s family served after every summer dinner we spent together: fresh berries + sugar + cream.
Use any fresh summer berries you can get your hands on, though strawberries and raspberries are particularly good.
The recipe below is written for 1 serving. Scale up as needed.
- 2 tablespoons of cream
- a handful of fresh berries: raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries — any fresh, local berries you can get your hands on; a mix of berries is nice, too
- 1 teaspoon sugar or to taste
- Place cream in a small bowl.
- Wash berries if you haven’t already. Core strawberries and halve or quarter them if large. Drop a handful of berries on top of the cream.
- Sprinkle with sugar, using more or less to taste.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: dessert, strawberries, British, cream, raspberries, berries, local, summer