- 1 avocado
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1.5 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- flaky sea salt, such as Maldon, to taste
- Aleppo pepper, if you have it, see notes above
- 12 oz shishito peppers
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Heat the broiler to high. Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Combine the avocado, yogurt, lime juice, pinch sea salt, and pinch Aleppo pepper, if using, in a food processor. Process until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor as needed. Taste. Add more salt or lime juice to taste. Spread this avocado crema over a large platter.
- Spread the shishito peppers over a sheet pan. Toss with the 2 teaspoons olive oil and a generous pinch of salt. Spread into an even layer. Transfer pan to the broiler. Broil 2 minutes. Check. If shishitos are looking nicely charred, remove pan. If not, cook for another minute or until peppers look charred to your liking. Remove pan. Flip peppers. Return pan to broiler, and broil another 1-2 minutes or until charred to your liking. Watch the entire time to ensure they don’t blister beyond repair.
- Remove pan and tumble the peppers over top of the platter smeared with avocado crema. Sprinkle with Aleppo pepper and sea salt to taste. Serve immediately, passing more lime on the side if you wish.
- Prep Time: 10 mintues
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Broiler, Food Processor
- Cuisine: Mexican, American
Keywords: broiled, blistered, shishito, peppers, avocado, crema