From Sarah Kieffer’s 100 Cookies
- 2.5 cups + 1 tablespoon (364 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 227 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1.75 cups (350 grams) dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 large egg + 1 large yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar, for rolling
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line three sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Add the brown sugar and the molasses and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the egg, yolk, and vanilla, and beat on medium speed until combined. Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until just combined.
- Place the granulated sugar in a medium bowl.
- Form the cookies into 1.5-oz (45 g) balls (2 tablespoons). Roll each ball in the sugar and place 8 cookies on each sheet pan.
- Bake one pan at a time, rotating halfway through baking. Bake until the sides are set and the bottoms are light golden brown, 1o to 11 minutes.
- Transfer the sheet pan to a wire rack and let the cookies cool for 5 to 10 minutes on the pan, then remove them and let them cool completely on the wire rack. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brown, sugar, cookies, easy