A few notes:
- Salt: When I use Diamond Crystal kosher salt, I find 3 teaspoons to be right. When I use fine sea salt, 2 teaspoons is about right. So, start with 2 teaspoons, blend it up; then add another 1/2 or 1 teaspoon salt to taste. OR: if you are sensitive to salt, start with 1 teaspoon and add more to taste.
- Tahini: I love the Soom brand, but I have also used and loved the Joyva brand, which may be more readily available. Use what you have or what you like. The thing to note is that different tahinis will have different salt levels, so keep this in mind when seasoning your dressing
- If you want to make a chopped salad, follow the guidelines on this charred broccoli chopped salad post.
- 2/3 cup well-stirred tahini, see notes above
- 2/3 cup white balsamic vinegar, or other
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons salt, see notes above
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor, and purée until smooth. Transfer to a jar and store for at least 2 weeks in the fridge.
Note: This dressing likely will separate in the fridge overnight. When ready to use it again, give it a good stir or shake it well. It doesn’t thicken the way the cashew dressing does, but if necessary, thin with more water or a splash of vinegar to taste. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Category: Dressing
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tahini, salad, dressing, vegan, large-batch