Adapted from Sally Schneider’s A New Way To Cook
The original recipe calls for reduced-fat sour cream. I always use full-fat sour cream, and I don’t find it to be too rich. Use what you like.
- 4 ounces blue cheese, such as Roquefort, Maytag Blue, Saga Blue — whatever you like
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream, see notes above
- 2 teaspoons vinegar, such as white balsamic, apple cider, or sherry
- freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender — if making a dip start with 1/3 cup buttermilk. Blend until smooth. Taste. Add more salt and pepper if desired. Adjust with more vinegar if desired. Thin with more buttermilk to get the desired consistency.
- Category: Dip
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blue, cheese, dressing, dip, buttermilk, sour cream