Adapted from Kristen Miglore’s recipe on Food52: Michel Richard’s Glazed and Glistening Haricots Verts
- 1 pound green beans, stem ends trimmed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed but not peeled
- Kosher salt or flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated Parmesan to taste, optional
- Combine the green beans, butter, water, and garlic cloves in a large skillet. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Cover the pot, place over medium-high heat, and bring to a simmer, then immediately turn heat to low once water is simmering.
- Cook for 8 minutes or until the beans are cooked through but not mushy. Transfer beans to a serving dish. Shave parmesan over the top if you wish. Crack more pepper over the top if you wish, too.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American, French
Keywords: green beans, stove top, butter, water, salt, parmesan