Adapted from this Stella Park’s recipe. I use a slightly different method: I beat the cream cheese and sugar first; then add the heavy cream. And I use slightly more cream, too.
- 8 oz (226 g) cream cheese, cold
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 3/4 cup (187 g) heavy cream
- pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat the cold cream cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream, a pinch of salt, and the vanilla. Beat again until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Taste. Adjust with more heavy cream, if desired, and beat again to lighten. I often add a pinch more salt, too.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stand Mixer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cold cream cheese, heavy cream, granulated sugar, sea salt, vanilla