Like most crisps, this lemon blueberry crisp takes no time to prepare, and if you have a food processor, the topping — a mixture of flour, sugar, almonds and butter — comes together in seconds. The absence of oats and brown sugar in this crisp topping makes it particularly light and allows the lemon-sugared blueberries to really shine.
For the berries:
- 6 cups (960 g) blueberries, washed and stemmed
- zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup (60 g) sugar
For the topping:
- 3/4 cup (96 g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (180 g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (56 g) sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt (or 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt)
- 1/2 cup (113 g) cold, unsalted butter cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Place blueberries in 9×13-inch baking pan. In a small bowl, rub zest and sugar together with your fingers until sugar is moist and fragrant. Spread over blueberries and toss to combine.
- Pulse sugar, flour, baking powder, almonds, and salt in food processor until nuts are chopped. Add butter and pulse until mixture begins to clump. Spread over blueberries. Bake 25 minutes or until crisp topping is browned and blueberries are bubbling.
- Serve with ice cream if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon, blueberry, crisp, easy, ice cream