- 2 lbs. green beans
- 5½ cups rice wine vinegar, unseasoned
- ½ small onion, sliced
- ¼ cup crushed, dried red chiles
- 1/8 cup coriander seeds
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup water
- 4 T. salt
- 1 oz. whole black peppercorns
- 6 T. sugar
- Bring all ingredients except for the green beans to a boil. Skim. Allow mixture to steep for at least 30 minutes, then strain.
- Bring to a boil, blanch beans in brine (add to water for about 15 seconds, then remove), then cool on sheet trays in the refrigerator.
- Strain pickling brine again. Cool. Return vegetables to cool in pickling liquid. Refrigerate for up to one month.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes