Source: Great Aunt Rene With the exception of maybe undercooking it, there is no way to mess this dish up. Take a look after an hour — depending on how many legs you’ve placed in your pan, it will take more or less time to cook. I’ve had consistent results with about 1 to 1.25 hours.
- 2 lbs. bone-in skin-on chicken legs*
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder*You can use all thighs all drumsticks or whole legs intact, but you want about 2 lbs. total
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Place chicken legs in a greased (I always forget) shallow baking pan skin side up. Combine remaining all ingredients and mix well. Pour over the chicken then toss with a spatula (or your hands) so that the pieces are nicely coated and so the sauce fills the underside of the chicken.
- Bake for 1.25 to 1.5 hours. Rene’s recipe says to baste every 15 minutes, but it’s not necessary to do this. I actually have better results when I don’t baste until after the hour mark. Also, keep an eye on it — the sauce chars quickly especially at the end.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hours 15 minutes