Oat Milk: I love the Minor Figures oat milk for my morning muesli, for my sleeping chocolate (Beam), and, now, for these oats. I do not like it in my coffee. As noted below, use whatever milk your heart desires.
Weck jars: I love these Weck jars for storing the muesli because one is large enough for the entire batch with room for fruit.
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 cups oat milk or milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- a big pinch of flaky sea salt
- cinnamon, to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, using 1.25 cups milk if you like a thicker “oatmeal” consistency and 1.5 cups milk if you like a milkier mixture. Transfer the mixture to a storage jar and place in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours but ideally 12 or more. The oats can stay in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
- Remove the jar from the fridge and transfer the contents to two bowls. Top with fruit if desired, then serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: Amerian
Keywords: chia seeds, oatmeal, oat milk, vanilla, maple syrup, sea salt, cinnamon