Martha Stewart’s Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies (Kitchen Sink)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I need another cookie, you?
Preferably a GIANT one. One that will put to use the many odd bags of nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips, oats, and coconut flakes cluttering the cupboards. One that might just feed the neighborhood or sustain the cubs for hours on a summer camping trip.Print
Source: Martha Bakes on PBS
Note: As with many a cookie, letting the portioned dough balls or shaped, unbaked cookies chill in the fridge overnight (but ideally 24 hours or longer) truly makes for a superior cookie.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut chips
- 1 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Mix in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. With mixer on low, gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well combined. Add oats, coconut, apricots, dark chocolate, cherries, and pecans; mix on low until just combined.
- Arrange ¾ cup balls of dough on prepared cookie sheets, about 3 inches apart. Use the palm of your hand to flatten into 4-inch rounds. (Note: At this point, you can chill the sheet pans overnight or for as long as 3 days, so long as the pans are well wrapped in plastic wrap.) Bake until golden brown, rotating cookie sheets halfway through, about 16 minutes, possibly a little longer—edges should be starting to brown. Let cookies cool on pan 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Martha, Stewart, Giant, Cookies, kitchen, sink, everything, delicious, easy